I’m 40 years old; I own it & know it. It wasn’t near as hard to face 4-OH as having a hysterectomy a few years back.
See, I am a real baby person and love that first year of being needed and summoned by this little person who can only cry and yell out for what they want.
So knowing that chapter of my life was forever closing was tough. Having battled endometriosis for over 17 yrs was an endless, tired battle that my body had lost. My quality of life was suffering and nothing was going to change that except to have all plumbing removed.
I remembered the early days of trying to have a baby and all those Mother’s days that past that I wasn’t. I will never forget finding out, finally I was pregnant! The overwhelming joy that I felt holding both Sydney & Eli. Was it really the End of those days forever?
No. it was the beginning. A new beginning in so many ways, I began to see how I could focus more on my marriage, the amazing blessings I have and living a life without pain.
Often times when we are faced with life’s milestones we feel that it is some end, rather than embrace the new beginning set in front of us.
My kids have taught me this more than anyone else.
Elijah started 1st grade this year and that meant for the first time in 10 years
Elijah started 1st grade this year and that meant for the first time in 10 years
I didn’t have some little person yelling “mamma” can we do this? Can I have that? I felt lonely and was felling sad at the loss of the stay home baby years.
Then one day, while playing a game of UNO with the family. I saw how nice it was to be with my little man, and saw all that he can do now. He is growing up and so is Sydney, watching this process is truly like a unwrapping a present every day. The way they see the world and the joy I can share with them, is so exciting. The stories of school, friends, God and church, they share with me are funny, inspiring and real.
A baby can’t do that!
I look ahead & only look back with a full heart and smile on my face. The end is really the beginning. So be in the moment. Take too many pictures, laugh like you mean it and try & enjoy everyday.
Because death will be not the end.Yet a forever beginning with Christ.
That is nothing to fear and everything to look ahead to.
Always real,
T.
No comments:
Post a Comment