Thought I would give everyone the scoop at one time.Thanks for the love & prayers! Saturday afternoon I was going to take my I-phone to the genius bar (appt time 3:40 pm) I left the house at little before 2:00 to have plenty of time to park at Penn Square mall and not be in a hurry. I was almost to N.W. 36th exit when 5 cars in front of me stopped suddenly. I cut my van to the right & on to the shoulder. I missed hitting anyone or the guard rail. I was then plowed by a truck trying to do the same thing behind me. ( the Van had to be towed). The lady behind him tried to avoid hitting him and went through the guard rail into a fence and hit a tree. So sad as she had a 6 month old baby in her car. Both her air bags deployed and she had no windshield left. Ambulance took her & the baby but.the baby was smiling at the FIREMEN BEFORE they left.That was scary to see and many prayers were & are being sad for her.
Now..here is the thing... The truck behind me had 4 men in it. NO license, No insurance & were illegal immagrants. I can say all day long had they had this, had they had that, but the truth for me is how sad this whole thing is.Yes, I'm sore & have sea legs & my Van ..well who knows. But It's CHRISTmas and each one of our lives are changed by this.Wrecks are never fun but..this time of year they are even worse! He didn't go to jail but his car was impounded and he was given 5 tickets. He and the other men were left to wait for a ride. The young Mom took a real hit from this and I pray she is healing and home now.
Life IS a highway. As we head in the direction WE think we are going other trucks and such can stop us in our tracks.
I walked away. It's CHRISTmas.
No matter what.. I will not be mad or bitter. I walked away. Those Men might have families what is CHRISTmas like now for them? Wonder do they have kids? I don't know why all this happened but.. I do know GOD was with us all...It could have been worse.
This makes the 2nd year in a row that I have been in a collision. Last year the neighborhood gate malfunctioned & ate & totaled my car. Yes, I'm bummed but..It's CHRISTMAS & I walked AWAY AGAIN! Blessings to you all & be safe out there.
Be with one another,love one another, because that is all that REALLY matters! XO, T.

Glad you are okay! I love your perspective. Too bad others aren't the same way.
ReplyDelete